DCI Data Phone
The first commercially supported Internet cell phone in Canada.
Introducing DCI Wireless iPhone 4 data service starting as
low as $35 per month for 250 MB voice & data!
We're really excited about this new service because it runs on the cellular
data network and free wifi so you can use it as a local line wherever wifi
is available (home, office, hot spots) and as a VoIP cell phone on 3G
networks. You can even use the phone overseas to make free calls in a wifi
Keep your existing cell or landline phone number ($25 port fee) or choose a
new number with DCI. We can provide multiple phone numbers in Canada, the
USA and overseas to ring on the same device.
- Wifi and 3G support
- unlimited local calls (on wifi)
- unlimited use at home (on wifi) not just evenings/weekends
- unlimited text messaging with WhatsApp messenger
- free data roaming in Canada (regular data rates apply)
- free roaming overseas (on wifi) (data roaming is expensive)
- free 1-800 number calls
- free DCI to DCI VoIP calls (not just group members)*
- keep your own phone number
- no system access fee
- no Direct Access fee
- standard DCI long distance rates for direct dialed calls
- 2.9 cents USA / Canada
- 3.5 cents for most calls to Europe
- unlimited long distance in Canada & the USA ($10/month)
- unlimited long distance to select overseas countries ($25/month)
- enhanced voicemail
- voicemail to email
- fax to email ($2.95/month)
- voicemail indicator, call display, and call history
- call forwarding, call waiting, call transfer, hold
- privacy manager, blacklist support
- ring groups, follow me support
- speakerphone, mute and hold
- noise reduction, echo cancellation
- multiple call support
- multiple phone number support
- swap between two active calls
- merge and split calls (three-way conferencing support)
- call transfer attended & unattended
- online control panel
* Free or unlimited usage ONLY on wifi. When connected to a 3G network
you use your data plan. USA & overseas roaming costs $6/MB.
$29.95 DCI SIM card activation and $15 app purchase in the App Store
- 3G-a $49.95 500 MB starter plan
- 3G-b $59.95 1 GB comfort plan
- 3G-c $69.95 5 GB ultimate plan
$0.06/MB overusage cost in Canada, $6 in USA & overseas.
Take advantage of free wifi hot spots when downloading games,
applications and/or streaming radio or video. Why use expensive 3G
data when you can use wifi for free? Turn off data roaming when
overseas to avoid $1,000 phone bills.
- 1,000 WhatsApp text messages = 5 MB
- 1,000 MSN, Yahoo! text messages = 5 MB
- 100 minutes VoIP talk time = 33 MB
- 1,000 emails (text only) sent/received = 10 MB
- 1,000 web pages viewed = 100 MB
- 300 emails with photo sent/received = 100 MB
- 100 minutes video = 100 MB
- 26 songs downloaded = 100 MB
It's all data to use so mix and match as you please. We don't charge
more for VoIP calls, emails, surfing, or social networking. You decide
how you use your data.
- unlocked iPhone 3GS or 4G running iOS 4.1 or later
Limitations / Issues
- Facetime & SMS text messages use the data SIM phone number,
not your voice (VoIP) number.
- DCI recommends WhatsApp messenger to send and receive SMS on your
- In a moving vehicle 3G coverage may drop in some areas so calls will
- In wifi / 3G overlap zones the phone may attempt to register with
wifi and fail because the signal is too weak. Simply move closer to
the wifi zone or away from it to fix the issue.
- If the phone is registered to wifi and the underlying Internet
connection fails then calls will fail too. To fix this simply switch
off wifi and the phone will re-register with our server on 3G.